Sunday 13 January 2013

Hard hat time again...

Hi guys, things are a bit difficult here, Coo's taken a bit of a tumble again.

He has felt unwell the last few days, usually that means there are sniffles on the way so we've just been keeping an eye on things. Anyways, no sniffles arrived but we've a massive increase in seizure activity. Poor Coo was seizing every half hour last night and we sure are feeling it today!


The worse thing is, the dreaded vomitting seizures have made an unwelcome return. They are by far the most scary and real difficult to deal with. I guess that's because, in the back of my mind, there's always the worry of aspiration pneumonia again. Coo's had struggles with this before, when during a vomitting seizure, fluids were inhaled into his lungs creating massive infection and a medical emergency too and what a nightmare that was!

I'm digging out my hard hat and flak jacket yet again. Just keeping things on an even keel as best I can for now.We'll get more bloods done tomorrow and check exactly what those pesky white cells are doing and for today, we'll just take things slowly.


I know when things are spiralling out of control, the signs are clear enough so hopefully we'll be able to hold things together until we see our doctor tomorrow and if not? Well, there's always A & E but that's always a last resort - if it can be handled at home, it will be!

Thank Goodness for our care package!
The SDS (self directed support) let's me have some sleep nights so at least I know, whatever happens...tomorrow night I will sleep! This wasn't always the case and really shows just how valuable good 'support' really is!
I honestly don't know how I'd cope without those sleep nights - I sure don't want to try that's for sure!

Anyways, we're doing ok for now but let's hope for some more settled times! I hope you're doing ok where you are too!
(((hugs)))
Maz x

No comments: